#header-inner {text-align: center ;}

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful.

I know that I missed the "thankful" blogging season back in November, but I've been feeling more grateful than usual today and I want to share that.

Dix and I have been so incredibly busy for the past year and it only seems like things have only sped up since the holidays ended. I'm taking 18 credits and working on getting my CNA while attempting to study for the GRE (I haven't even cracked the book yet), and Dix has been working at 30-40 hours a week while maintaining his status as a full time student. It seems that we only see each for 2 hours each night.

However, when I start to feel stressed to the max and I hear myself complaining, my husband is quick to remind me that there is a bright side. We aren't running dry for no reason. Dix is putting in the hours necessary for us to start up a pest control branch in Austin Texas next year (an incredible opportunity that we are thrilled about), and I am only 2 semesters away from a bachelors degree and from applying to a graduate nursing program, which excites me to the core.

When I remember this, I am grateful.
*Grateful for the amazing opportunities that have come our way
*Grateful for a husband who is willing to WORK to make things happen
*Grateful for BYU (I love school so much)
*Grateful for our capacity to have so much on our plates
*Grateful for the help we get from our Heavenly Father

There are little things that help us to make it through all the stress:
1. No classes or work friday or saturday
2. Our shared calling as primary teachers
3. Living close to family
4. Exercise and the way it relieves stress
5. The love we have for each other and the way we support one another in achieving goals

I'm sure that our situation is not different from most of you. It seems that everyone is consumed with something. However, take time to sit back and think about the good that can be found in the madness and you may just feel grateful to be YOU living YOUR LIFE.

3 comments:

  1. Nursing?! I thought you were going into communications or something in that field. I know the feeling of feeling stretched to the max. Keep up the hard work though...it will all pay off :) Aubry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! It's so nice to know that you and Dix are both doing well. -Biff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww :) I'm so glad living close to family made it on the relieves stress list and not the causes stress list!

    ReplyDelete