#header-inner {text-align: center ;}

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Trip to Aberdeen


Last Friday, I drove up to Idaho with Angie and her kids to watch Alex in Les Mis.  He was cast as Marius and did AMAZING.  His voice sounded great and he did an incredible job with the role.  It was, however, really sad to go to the last musical with a Ure.  My parents and extended family have gone through years and years of watching us in Aberdeen High School Musicals and it's sad to see it end. 




Les Mis was a great way to end it though.  The music and the storyline are so powerful.  We were quite impressed that Aberdeen High School was able to pull off such a big musical so well.  It was quite amazing.  It was fun to see family come and support Big Al for one last time!




Also, while in Idaho, I took Alex's senior pictures.  My in-laws bought Dix and I a great camera for Christmas, and my mom asked me if I would just take Alex's pictures to save them some money (photographers are getting quite expensive these days).  I of course told her yes, but I was TERRIFIED.  I'm not really known much for being artistic, and Alex is pretty picky.  I was super worried that he would hate them and be really disappointed that my parents didn't just put out the money for a professional, but I studied up on my camera and on fun ideas and I was really pleased with the results.  I think it helps that my brother is so cute though.  He was a good model:)











After my big success with the senior pictures, Beth asked me to take her twin's 1 year old pictures.  This was not quite as easy as my first shoot.  Alex didn't need to be entertained in order to look happy:)  I did, however, get some cute pictures of the girls.  They are getting so big and they are so fun.  They couldn't be more different from each other in personality either.  The top picture is Haven and the one below is Emery.








And as a final surprise, you get to see my biggest challenge of the week.  Alex asked me to cut his long hair from the play into a mullet for a day before he cut off the rest.  I've never cut hair before and he wouldn't let me use the clippers because he didn't want a buzz, so I used scissors on the whole thing.  Once again, I was quite impressed with myself.  So here's some classy pictures to remember my incredible skills by:) You're welcome! 






5 comments:

  1. Oh geez these make me miss all of you. I cannot wait for the concert. PS text and tell me how much we owe you again and I will get a check sent. And I am so impressed with your skills as a photographer, can you take some of Clark and I? Please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take some... However just remember that I'm a beginner and so I can't promise great results:)

      Delete
  2. i cant even describe to you how much i love your hair that length. (basically i've been missin your with long hair.)

    oh, and i love alex with a mullet almost as much as i love your hair. almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK the twins are to die for and the mullet is awesome! so glad I got to see you! can we hang out again when you come for graduations :) Maybe make that trip to the boat dock if it isn't freezing and windy like it has been this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mullet is sick! Sick I say!!! You are now the official family photographer.

    ReplyDelete