#header-inner {text-align: center ;}

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Our trip to Austin

Well folks, We'll be living in AUSTIN... the capitol of Texas!

My favorite picture of the trip. We had so much fun with these kids:)


Tayson looking up downtown... He loved being in the city. He told me over and over again.

Little Ellie Bellie is growing up so much. We had a ton of fun with her!

Mia and I in downtown Austin


Well, here's the deal:
I know that I rambled on and on in my previous post about choosing which city we would be living in-- San Antonio or Austin. It really was a pretty major decision, but the best part of life is that sometimes the big the decisions end up not being so big at all. This requires a little backstory... When Dix and I arrived in Texas, we were super excited and a little nervous. We flew into Austin and we went directly to our hotel to wait for Derid and his family to make it. When they showed up, we had a few minor issues to deal with like the pool being closed because of the rain (major meltdown from all kids... UNDERSTANDABLY. the best part of travel is swimming at the hotel right?) and taking a L O N G time to find a Chuck E Cheese close by in operation (major meltdown #2). All in all, however, things worked out.

We spent the next two days in the city of Austin and we LOVED it. The city was incredible. You know when you are in a city with just a great feel? It was so unique and beautiful (I DID NOT expect it to be beautiful). Dix and I fell in love immediately and decided that we didn't even need to see San Antonio. I know that may seem a little irresponsible, but it just felt so right. Anyhow, it was a truly incredible trip, and we are so excited about our future home!

No comments:

Post a Comment